Providence is committed to Health for a Better World. One step towards
this goal begins with a secure exchange of patients’ health records
with our community of care providers.
What is Health Information Exchange (HIE)?
HIE is the electronic sharing of health-related patient data among providers
and health facilities for coordination of care.
What Patient Information is Shared?
- Admission, Discharge, & Transfer (ADT)
- Result Report (Lab, Radiology, & ITS)
Is the HIE connection secure?
- Connection to the HIE network is secured through either the use of a Virtual
Private Network (VPN) and/or over the internet using SSL encryption and SAML
- All data communicated between the providers are encrypted through a dedicated
- All access to Providence HIE is password protected
- HIE is HIPAA compliant
Who Can View My Patient Data?
Only the care team can access the patient data.
Please contact us using the information below for any questions or concerns.
How to join