What is Health Information Exchange (HIE)?
HIE is the electronic sharing of health-related patient data among providers
and health facilities for coordination of care.
What patient information is shared?
- Admission, Discharge, & Transfer (ADT)
- Result Report (Lab, Radiology, & ITS)
Is the HIE connection secure?
- Connection to the HIE network is secured through either the use of a Virtual
Private Network (VPN) and/or over the internet using SSL encryption and SAML
- All data communicated between the providers are encrypted through a dedicated
- All access to Providence HIE is password protected
- HIE is HIPAA compliant
Who can view my patient data?
Only the care team can access the patient data.